10 days ago
Trainee Video Editor
Main Job Purpose
We are looking for a Trainee Video Editor who is both enthusiastic and eager to work in the television industry. The successful candidate will join one of the UK's leading television and television production companies. The successful candidate will join one of the UK’s leading independent TV and Film production companies and you will be working within a team of highly talented and dynamic editors on live TV programmes. The ability to work well under pressure and be able to do the job right first time is essential in this role.
Hours: Full Time
Position Location: Llanelli
Tinopolis Studios is part of the award-winning Tinopolis Group with offices and production companies in Wales, London, Glasgow, Washington DC and Los Angeles. We deliver over 500 hours of live and pre-recorded television programmes a year from our studios in Llanelli, South Wales. Should you be successful in your application you will join a team of dedicated professionals whereby creativity, quality, reliability, and technical excellence are at the heart of everything we do.
Training will be provided to develop the following required skills:
- The ability to work independently
- Work with Avid Media Composer software
- The ability to create a visual story
- The ability to produce creative effects within your timeline
- Using Avid Interplay and Central Media
- Develop a working understanding of different codecs
- a dynamic team player, capable of interacting and communicating with people at all levels
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- the ability to easily understand new concepts
- enthusiastic and flexible
- highly organized with attention to detail and quality
- the ability to work quickly, under pressure and to strict deadlines
- self-motivation and enterprising attitude are essential
- Welsh language skills are essential for this post due to the programs that are created and broadcast through the medium of Welsh.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK or EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
CV and letter of application to:
Or, email to: [email protected]
Closing date: 18th March 2019