10 days ago
Trainee Camera Person
Main Job Purpose
We are looking for a trainee camera person who will be able to contribute creatively to all aspects of our productions. The successful candidate will join one of the UK's leading television and television production companies. S/he will work in a team of talented and dynamic people across a range of programs. Working under pressure and the ability to do the job right first time is essential for this role.
It will be advantageous for the right candidate to be able to show examples of their personal camera and editing work. eg short films, creative / musical videos.
Position Location: Llanelli, Tinopolis headquarters are in Llanelli but the successful applicant will be expected to travel both nationally and internationally when working on a location.
Tinopolis Studios is part of the award-winning Tinopolis Group with offices and production companies in Wales, London, Glasgow, Washington DC and Los Angeles. We deliver over 500 hours of live and pre-recorded television programmes a year from our studios in Llanelli, South Wales. Should you be successful in your application you will join a team of dedicated professionals whereby creativity, quality, reliability, and technical excellence are at the heart of everything we do.
Training will be provided to develop the following required skills:
- Work in a multi-camera studio environment
- Use broadcast quality cameras to the maximum effect on location
- Use of lighting equipment
- Use sound recording equipment
- Directing items being filmed
- Competent in managing health and safety issues
- a dynamic team player, capable of interacting and communicating with people at all levels
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- the ability to easily understand new concepts
- enthusiastic and flexible
- highly organized with attention to detail and quality
- the ability to work quickly, under pressure and to strict deadlines
- self-motivation and enterprising attitude are essential
- Welsh language skills are essential for this post due to the programs that are created and broadcast through the medium of Welsh.
The role of a camera person can be physically exerting with filming locations often in remote and difficult to access areas. A full driving license will be essential.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK or EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
CV and letter of application to:
Or, email to: [email protected]
Closing date: 18th March 2019