Wedi ei Gyhoeddu.:
28 diwrnod yn ôl
Senior HR Adviser
Human Resources Department, Headquarters, St. Asaph
NWFRS Grade 8 - £34,037 to £36,672 per annum
(Pay is inclusive of 8.5% pay allowance for providing out of hours cover)
12 month fixed term contract until April 2020 to cover maternity leave
37 hours per week
To assume responsibility for HR related matters across a specified region within the Service area and to provide a proactive and innovative HR advisory service to NWFRS employees. To assist the Head of Human Resources in fulfilling the objectives of the HR Department and ensuring the delivery of a high quality, efficient and cost effective service. To contribute towards the development and delivery of NWFRS policy and best practice specifically within the HR field and to undertake other projects as may be deemed necessary from time to time.
COMPETENCIES TO BE DEMONSTRATED
The role requires applicants who can demonstrate (with evidence) skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of employment law and other legislation relevant to HR.
- Previous experience of undertaking attendance management, recruitment and HR project work.
- Previous experience of managing discipline, grievance, capability and other related HR functions.
- Excellent communication, organisation, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst working under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise own workloads and manage multiple cases concurrently whilst maintaining high standards.
- Excellent ICT skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office and management information systems.
- Level 4 Welsh - Speaking and Listening – Requires that you can; keep up an extended casual work related conversation or give a presentation with a good degree of fluency and range of expression but may need to revert to another language to answer unpredictable questions or explain complex points or technical information. Contribute effectively to meetings and seminars within own area of work. Argue for/against a case.
- Satisfactory results to a Basic Level DBS Check.
- Full UK drivers licence with the requirement to travel across North Wales (a service car will be provided).
- Flexibility in order to work out of office hours on a regular basis.
The closing date for receipt of application forms is 12.00 noon, 7 March 2019
The closing date will be strictly adhered to and no exceptions will apply.
Interviews are scheduled to take place Friday 15 March 2019
Further details and application forms are available from the North Wales Fire & Rescue Service website, alternatively from the Human Resources Department on 01745 535281, or by e-mailing
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We welcome correspondence and calls in Welsh and English and we will respond equally to both and will reply in your language of choice without delay.