21 days ago
Non-executive Member, Advisory Committee for Wales
Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries, with responsibilities across television, radio, postal services, telecommunications and wireless communications services. The Advisory Committee for Wales provides advice to Ofcom about the interests and opinions of people living in Wales on all communications matters within Ofcom’s remit.
The Committee strives to ensure that Ofcom’s work is informed by the widest possible understanding of the experience of consumers and citizens in Wales, capturing the distinctive needs of people living here.
The committee meets up to 5 times per year and all members are asked to commit to a total of 12 days’ work per year for which Ofcom will pay an annual fee.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the communication sectors Ofcom regulates
- Understanding of Ofcom’s role and responsibilities in a complex political landscape
- Understanding of Wales’ diverse economy, society and culture
- The ability to understand and articulate the varied needs and views of citizens and consumers in Wales
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work as part of a committee
Ofcom is an equal opportunities employer. It wishes to reflect the diversity of contemporary UK society and is actively seeking to recruit colleagues from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds as well as those who have a disability. Ofcom guarantees an interview to disabled candidates who meet all the essential criteria. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable and we welcome applications in Welsh.
Members must exercise careful judgement to ensure that their position on this Committee is not perceived to be in conflict with any other activities, professional or otherwise.
The closing date for applications is 23.59 on Sunday 24 February 2019. Interviews will take place in Cardiff on Thursday 21 March.